The goals of the OIPRC are:
- To increase the knowledge, skill, and confidence of injury prevention practitioners in the planning, implementation and evaluation of injury prevention initiatives in Ontario.
- To provide relevant and timely training for practitioners equitably across the province, to meet the needs of the priority populations identified.
- To provide communication, information and knowledge exchange services.
- To provide customized data information and assistance, using the most current information available.
- To engage key stakeholders to advance injury prevention and increase clients' awareness, understanding and access to appropriate injury prevention services and resources.
OIPRC Strategic Components Overview (pdf)
Health Promotion Resource Centres
The Ontario Injury Prevention Resource Centre is one of many health promotion resource centres funded by the Ontario Government.
View a list of all Health Promotion Resource Centres in Ontario | View the list in French
The OIPRC is supported by Public Health Ontario, the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the Province of Ontario.
The OIPRC is housed at Parachute, a national charity dedicated to preventing injuries and saving lives. Learn more at parachutecanada.org.
Frequently asked questions about the OIPRC and Parachute.
Updated July 7, 2016