Leading health organizations call for provincial alcohol strategy
In light of plans for increased alcohol availability across Ontario, a coalition of health organizations is calling on the Ontario government to develop a comprehensive alcohol strategy to address the health harms of alcohol. Such strategies have already been created in other provinces, including Alberta and Nova Scotia.
The media release - released on September 21, 2015 - explains why Ontario needs an alcohol strategy and why the timing is right.
The coalition includes the following organizations:
- Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse
- Canadian Mental Health Association, Ontario
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving Canada
- Ontario Public Health Association
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario
Updated September 21, 2015